For the Outdoor, leisure or Extreme Sport User
and for the temporarily or permanently mobility impaired
Every girl and woman can use the Freedom at anytime and anywhere. From the Military to the Cultural, from the medical to the recreational, from those below ground to those above ground – the Whiz Freedom has been used in every situation. Below are just a few of these situations from people who have written to us:
- Campers and Hikers
- Women at the Magnetic North Pole
- Women at the summit of K2
- Armed Forces
- Police Officers
- Glider Pilots
- Dog Walkers
- Horse Riders
- Grannies, Mothers and Daughters
- Back Packers
- Skiers and Snowboarders
- Visitors to Music Festivals
- Men with cancer who have had penile amputation
- Disabled drivers
- Women with small bladders
- Women who have lost limbs
- Women with MS
- Women with broken limbs
- The elderly
- Women with hip replacements
- Women with continence issues
and the following Institutions have officially used the Whiz Freedom:
- The Bladder and Bowel Foundation (previously named the Continence Foundation)
- The Shakespeare Globe Theatre, London
- Thames Valley Policewomen
- The Royal Milititary Academy Sandhurst
- Unichem Pharmacy Group
- Llyods Pharmacy Group
A Short History: The Whiz Freedom was born out of another product the Whiz Cleancatch – an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) medical device which automatically captures a mid stream urine sample for pathology examination. Prior to begining the clinical trails for Whiz Midstream ethic approval permission from the Authorities had to be obtained. At this meeting, the Chair of the Ethic Committee Board conversationally said as a doctor she is caught in traffic jams – can Jbol Ltd invent a solution for this. And so we did. It was a long long process with so many issues such as re-useable or disposable, shape, hygiene etc. We believe we have now developed the best and most hygienic urine director – it is the first and only one that is hydrophobic and anti-bacterial.
Below is a check list of some of the Features of the Whiz Freedom. As we are always open to customer comments to improve our product please tell us about any other feature we should consider. No other urine director can offer all this level of hygiene and customer convenience.
- High Quality: leak free and made from medical grade thermo plastic elastomer.
- Hygienic: impregnated with anti bacterial and anti fungal and anti microbial agents.
- Self-cleansing: hydrophobically enhanced
- Proven: Lily shape clinically tested by over 1400 women, now used by tens of thousands of women around the world
- Approved: CE marked, FDA approved and available on the NHS.
- Dependable: will not overflow, leak or cause splash back.
- Discreet: easily folds into a pocket or handbag.
- Reassuring: preserves freedom and dignity.
- Eco friendly: re-usable.
- Value for money: re-usable.
- Versatile: Simple to use anywhere at anytime.
- Essential: a contemporary necessity for women.
Technical Specification Sheet – Available on Request
The broad area of the opening (nicknamed the “Lily”) must be uppermost. It will not work otherwise. Some women think that the broader section should go to the bottom to avoid leakage but trust us – it does not work in that position. Part of that thought stems from a historical concern that no previous device has ever worked properly and been leak free – until the Whiz!
This unique shape was design tested in clinical trials in 2003/4 with over 1,400 women who used it and some 1,000 women at open air festivals in the most trying of conditions. Since 2004 tens of thousands of women have used it worldwide. It works and is leak free.
Some tips to aid use:
- Ensure that the Whiz is held snugly against the body (it’s not designed to enter the body). It will not leak, over-fill or splash back.
- Try your Whiz in in the shower and you will see how easy it is to use – sitting standing hovering or crouching – whichever is most comfortable until you’re confident enough to use it away from home.
- To avoid disrobing completely try pulling your panties to one side (unless you are wearing boxer shorts) and then using the Whiz.
- Aim the Whiz downwards and never use it facing the wind!
Download the Instructions for use.
Our customers told us that they wanted mental and physical comfort. They said they did not want any urine soaked disposable directors, but an eco-friendly and a hygienic device to balance their concern for the environment with their need to have a high grade product that could cope with bacteria.
Unique to all urine directors, the Whiz Freedom is made not only from a medical grade elastomer, but one which is machine washable to 40 degrees to the Freedom has been specially developed by us to be antibacterial and hydrophobic while being re-usable thereby giving total comforft to the user.
The Whiz is the first and only anti-bacterial urine director in the world. Being both hydrophobic and anti-bacterial makes the Whiz Freedom the last word in hygienic urine directors.
The Whiz is manufactured using a high grade medically approved plastic – called a TPE or thermoplastic elastomer. An agent has been added and the one used is an inorganic silver-based master batch offering both antibacterial, anti-microbial and antifungal protection. It does not have the heat stability limitations associated with typical organic products.
Applications of this agent include: Chopping board, protective film, gloves, kitchen drainer, waste bin/liners, utensils, pan/knife handles, lunch box, bath shower items, soap case, toothbrushes, shampoo bottles, emergency water tanks, toilet seats, hairbrushes, and combs as well as in electrical appliances (refrigerator, dish washer, iron, telephones, and mobile phones) automobile parts, stationary, contact lens holder, train straps and cosmetics.
It’s characteristics include: high resistance to heat up to 500°C, low toxicity, high degree of transparency, high performance at low concentrations, non volatile, excellent anti-wash characteristics, stable to ultraviolet light and long life.
We have also developed a product with a high grade additive that combined with our medical grade material and antibacterial agent will repell all liquid so the Whiz Freedom remains dry immediately after use â€“ all liquid rolls off ie is repelled off it. If any droplets remain on the surface, they are easily removed with a flick or shake. It is the first (and only) flick dry urine director.
The Whiz Freedom is now available on NHS Prescription in two versions:
- Whiz Freedom
- NHS Prescription order No Code ATD-2002.1
- Pip Code: 3O4-2827
- Whiz Freedom with 10cm extension tube
- NHS Prescription order No Code ATD-2004.10
- Pip Code: 314-5554
Should you wish to order over the web using a prescription please use the contact form HERE
Otherwise simply see your doctor or nurse to obtain a prescription, then go to your chemist with your prescription and request the Whiz Freedom. If they don’t have it in stock they will obtain it for you.
Purchasers with a valid certificate of eligibility (e.g. mobility impaired) are exempt from paying VAT.